The Community Interpreter® (TCI): Medical Focus is a comprehensive 40-hour program preparing bilingual individuals to work as medical interpreters. TCI training meets the prerequisite for national medical/healthcare interpreting certification. Register here to put your bilingual skills to service in your community!
- Know how to perform professional interpreting protocols and skills for medical interpreting.
- Be able to adhere to professional ethics and standards of practice for medical interpreters.
- Understand what the profession of community interpreting is, its specializations and how you fit into that profession.
- Know the role and responsibilities of the community interpreter.
- Understand cultural competence and assess if, when and how to perform cultural mediation.
- Be able to perform in three modes of interpreting: consecutive, simultaneous and sight translation.